Desolator's Gaming Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Head Of Server Administration APP

4 posters

Go down

Head Of Server Administration APP Empty Head Of Server Administration APP

Post  Ludicium Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:54 pm

It has come to Desolator and I's attention that the admin team is unruly and in-cohesive. For our server to grow and function properly we need one person who can run server side Administration ( AKA giving and removing admin, basically your the boss ).
We are going through with an Administration wipe. The person that we choose will build the new admin staff under our supervision.

As for the administration wipe. It is no offense to any single admin. It is just that we were hasty in getting the server to full functionality and we would like to give it a second go the right way.

We will review all applications but don't even bother if you are not currently apart of the admin team.

Here is the proper format.
Take it seriously or I will instantly Deny your application. Applications will be open until Saturday at 11:00pm Central Standard Time

In game Name:

Pre-wipe Rank:

Steam ID:

Why are you qualified for the job:

Unique Qualities:

Use 3 words to best describe yourself:

Any other things that would help us pick you:

Ludicium
Ludicium
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Head Of Server Administration APP Empty Re: Head Of Server Administration APP

Post  Fister Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:14 pm

In game Name: The 'Stache/ Fister

Pre-wipe Rank: Super-Admin

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26837081

Why are you qualified for the job: Before we had this wipe, I was taking on this exact role unofficially. I would help guide all of the admins/operators/vips/etc. we had on what were proper terms of banning, kicking, mute, gag, etc. and the protocols we were supposed to use when administrating these actions upon those deemed unworthy of certain privileges on our server. If I were to be selected for this role as head-admin, I'd take it in stride with all of my actions being unbiased and my selections for my team to be based on the capabilities and willingness of the others to do their job properly rather than off of whom I like and who I don't.

Unique Qualities:Not to toot my own horn, which I hate doing, but I'm an extremely good people person and situation diffuser. In most others groups/forums I've been with I was eventually promoted to the people person(For lack of a better word) of the server then eventual Head-Admin, or in lay mans terms for the "people person", whenever someone had an issue, quarrel, or stink, I'd help them stomp it out. For an example of my situation diffusing, I've stopped multiple hackers and Possible DDoSers form attacking our server, openly stating that "I originally came here to try my aimbot/sethhacks out, but this server is pretty damn cool." That was said by Red Dinasur and something along those lines with others as well. Another quality would be my forwardness, if something needs to be said, I'll say it. I'm not one to pussyfoot around matters that others are uncomfortable around, and gossip is not in my vocabulary as most of you already know I can't stand talking (or when others are) behind others backs, it irks me to no end and I make the people meet up and solve their differences face-to-face. I can bring in some people to verify that if that is questioned at all, as well as the rest of this stuff. I could probably find more stuff to pad this further but I'd rather let my actions speak for me than words, because in truth, anyone can type a fancy sounding paragraph or two and be the exact opposite of what they say they are.

Use 3 words to best describe yourself: Cool-headed. Devoted. Leader.

Any other things that would help us pick you: I've been with Desolator since the very beginning as a Super admin, and my relationship with everyone that is currently in a staff position is Great.(to my knowledge) if I were selected for this job, I can guarantee it won't be a decision you'd regret.

Fister
Manager
Manager

http://www.wowomg.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Col. Avalanche Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:02 pm

Ilya [censored].

In game Name:
Col. Avalanche.

Pre-wipe Rank:
Operator.

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:31615789

Why are you qualified for the job:
I feel that I am well-qualified for this position due to my experience and involvement in communities. On another community, which some of you may know, Pulsor Gaming [PG], I have been the Head of Administration, for over a year. I was chosen by the owners, and so - they offered me a position when the community was still in its crib, so to speak. I became very involved in Pulsor Gaming, and made sure that everything was up to player standards, and that our services were pleasant for all the players. As it was a Serious Roleplay community, going without forums would've been very tough, thus I paid for the domain on which the website and the forums are posted. Their main website & their forums are in those links, if anyone wants to check them out (slide your cursor over the words). I spent a lot of time working on their forums through the Administrator Control Panel, and worked on adding different features to the forums, hoping to improve not only the visual appearance - but the quality, as well. I had a very large say in the community, and the server staff, thus I made sure that I never stepped out of line, and that I was always fair and just - while giving off a fun vibe. Along with the owners, I worked on Photoshopping server icons, ranks, and so on, to improve the visual appearance of the forums. As well, I dedicated a lot of time to writting guides, information threads, and other kinds of topics for the numerous projects, servers, factions, and player groups that our community had to offer. To help out the developers on the server, I provided ideas, scripts, and other useful tools & information that they needed to add and improve the server. I dedicated a lot of my time to making sure that everything about the Serious Roleplay servers was always clear to the players, and that answers to any of their questions can be found in my posts. Through our different projects, so to speak, I was the head of the server at numerous points (we had multiple servers), and managed any, and all activity that went through them. As for the administrator staff, I always kept a close eye on player reports, and investigated every case, to make the best of situations. I managed a lot of the admins, and made sure that they were always up and beyond the server standards - so that they offered the best experience to our playerbase. I resigned from my position on the community last week, but still continue to be an active member on their forums.

Prior to my Senior Administrator days on Pulsor Gaming, I have been a part of several different communities, where I played a major role in the decision making. One of them was Brawler n' Thatguy's community [BnT], another Serious Roleplaying community, which offered a World War III themed roleplay, and a Star Wars: Clone Wars roleplay. I was insanely active on their WW3 server, where I had achieved the highest non-admin rank, and recieved much respect from the other players. I was looked up to when problems arose, as I always maintained close connections with admins, and informed them of any disturbances, lacks, and anything else that negatively affected the servers. I had made countless suggestions to their staff, and made sure that their lack of presence never affected the gameplay on the server.

Another community that I have been a part of was Future Popcan [FPC], which offered a decently-populated server of Trouble in Terrorist Town. As many of the admins were German, and were asleep when the server was most active, I always watched over the server and the players, taking down any names of disturbers, RDMers, etc - to provide the proper evidence and explanation to the admins when they came back on.

During my days at Pulsor Gaming, I was also offered a Senior Administrator position on Stealth Gaming [S3G], which I kindly accepted. I helped the new community by providing useful tips, good admining, and so on. Unfortunately, the owner gave up on his community due to his ever-growing passion for Catalyst Gaming [CG], so my efforts went to waste.

Due to my vast experience, hard work, and dedication to my home communities, I believe that I could very easily adapt to the Head of Administrator position. I take the time to investigate situations, and make sure that everyone is satisfied. I am a good, strong leader, and have handled administration teams before, thus I have the knowledge and experience required for this opportunity.

Unique Qualities:
I am a very experienced administrator, and enjoy web-developing, very much. I offer my best to the communities that I am a part of, and make sure that I help them grow to their full potential - and beyond. I can aid in development, as I learn very quickly, and take much interest in every opportunity I acquire. I am also novice, or so, at Photoshop, thus I offer my knowledge towards any needs.

Use 3 words to best describe yourself:
Experienced. Adaptable. Considerate.

Any other things that would help us pick you:
I have a sexy voice, as some have stated Wink. Otherwise, I'm here if you need me.
Col. Avalanche
Col. Avalanche
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  GenePName Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:18 am

No, I'm not applying for this. However, I question your decision to have only one person in charge of administration. He/She will be biased on the applications (sorry, there is no avoiding it. Even the best of us have bias). I would suggest at the very least a duo of people (what a coincidence, two people have applied!) that could significantly reduce the amount of bias in one application.

Just my two cents.

EDIT: I had written this before reading your application Fister, so I apologize if this seems like a jab at you.
GenePName
GenePName

https://dgcf.forumotion.com/profile?mode=editprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ludicium Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:57 am

Ahh, I agree. I think we will have two managers.
Ludicium
Ludicium
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ludicium Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:13 pm

Alright, I don't think that there are any other people more suited to the job than the only applicants so far.

Fister & Avalanche

Congratz

Me and desolator will be sure to speak to both of soon enough.

Ludicium
Ludicium
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum