Desolator's Gaming Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Command Rules" subheading on the !motd

5 posters

Go down

"Command Rules" subheading on the !motd Empty "Command Rules" subheading on the !motd

Post  HeadcrabHunter Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:15 am

Ok, here's what I think about it.
The !slay Command:
1. It is okay to slay a friend for a friendly interaction.
2. It is okay to slay a rdm'er, or griefer for being an asshat.
3. It is NOT okay to slay the whole server when not everyone has agreed to the slay
4. It is NOT okay to revenge slay.

The !gag or !mute Command:
1. You can gag or mute spammers.
2. You can gag or mute people who are arguing over something small.
3. You can gag or mute people disrespecting or flaming players or staff.
4. You can use !gag * or !mute * only when give out an announcement.
5. You CANNOT gag or mute someone because you do not want to hear them.
6. You CANNOT use the gag or mute command as a VIP unless you are given permission by a staff member.
7. You CANNOT ungag or unmute yourself as a VIP if you were gaged or muted by a staff member.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, this is just my input on maybe a new set of rules we could put on the !motd under a section called "Command Rules" or something similar.I think it could help to a better understanding of what to do when incountering a griefer, a spammer, or just an unruley player.
I believe there is something similar about ban values and such, but I think this would be a good thing to add.

HeadcrabHunter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

"Command Rules" subheading on the !motd Empty Re: "Command Rules" subheading on the !motd

Post  GenePName Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:22 am

I know you said "heres what I think about it," but people could take this as real rules (which you are in no position to make, offense not intended).

Now that being said, I do agree with a lot of the things said here. In fact, I think we should get all of the staff (or at the very least all of the administrators) together and make just one big ass page of rules.
GenePName
GenePName

https://dgcf.forumotion.com/profile?mode=editprofile

Back to top Go down

"Command Rules" subheading on the !motd Empty Re: "Command Rules" subheading on the !motd

Post  HeadcrabHunter Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:26 am

I agree with your idea Gene, and yeah, I know I'm not the one supposed to be making the rules, but I can try :3

HeadcrabHunter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GenePName Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:38 am

Yeah, I know you know, but I just want you to say that you know that I know so that you can know in your know to no no non ononononononon!32tlkngjsdfngbkjbkbn efbsdfyh. *facerolls harder*
GenePName
GenePName

https://dgcf.forumotion.com/profile?mode=editprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sneekers Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:48 pm

you know how hard and lame it would be to get all the current admins together for rules >.>. Deso, Ludi, and the managers should just team up and knock out a list of rules and regulations.

Sneekers
Super Admin
Super Admin

https://dgcf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fister Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:03 pm

HeadcrabHunter wrote:Ok, here's what I think about it.
The !slay Command:
3. It is NOT okay to slay the whole server when not everyone has agreed to the slay

6. You CANNOT use the gag or mute command as a VIP unless you are given permission by a staff member.
7. You CANNOT ungag or unmute yourself as a VIP if you were gaged or muted by a staff member.

Should have had input on this earlier.
/cracksknuckles

Okay,

Nononononononoononnononoononononononoononoonononnoonononn

Rdmer yes, Griefer Yes(Depends on the level, cause if he;s just disagreeing WITH NOT LIKING PONIES or some shit, then it's NOT okay) Being an asshat, I'M an asshat. Hell, maybe even an asshat with a dick monocle. But, I do agree, but not a slay as these people should be gagged and/or muted if they are just there to troll. If they then RDM Ban for 2 days.

A million times this. Stop slaying people cause luluul i wunted 2.

Nobody should be slaying for fun anyone, but yes Revenge slaying is unacceptable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being a child is not an offense which warrants a mute, Just want to get that out there.
Give them a warning first, letting them know they will be muted if they continue.
DO NOT Gag and mute at the same time unless it is obvious they will not stop, if this happens. Ungag/mute at the end of the round and ask them to stop. If they do not stop, get rid of them.

You CAN tell them to stop arguing over the mic, if they continue, gag them. DO NOT mute them.
(BTW On GMod, Gag = Voice mute and Mute = Chat Box mute)

Agree, Warn first and unmute at the end of the round. If they continue, get rid of them.

Okay BIG issue right here. Admin and above are allowed this privilege. NO OTHERS.

A Filly-on times this.
Don't do this, or I will chew your ass out, and not in a good sexual way.

A gorillian times this.
(Jackin' yo swag Gene)

GOOD GOD IT'S LIKE HE'S INSIDE OF MY MIND!
I'd like to add an addendum to this though, VIPs CANNOT UNMUTE/UNGAG OTHERS THAT HAVE BEEN MUTED BY A STAFF MEMBER UNLESS TOLD TO DO SO!

There are my 2 cents on this whole ordeal, whenever Major Blizzard gets back, we'll most likely add more and set this in stone. For now, Follow these guidelines.

Fister
Manager
Manager

http://www.wowomg.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer B Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:24 pm

Well posted my friend.
Jennifer B
Jennifer B
Admin
Admin

Location : Madrid, Spain or Berlin, Germany (moving hopefully soon)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum