Desolator's Gaming Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sneaky Fox (sky heart) is a bad Operator.

+5
Col. Avalanche
Jennifer B
Koranith
Sneaky Fox
Koranith_Turtle
9 posters

Go down

Sneaky Fox (sky heart) is a bad Operator. Empty Sneaky Fox (sky heart) is a bad Operator.

Post  Koranith_Turtle Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:24 am

Player Sgt. Pepper left the game (Kicked by Console : have an hour to discuss it on forums)
(Someone) banned Sgt. Pepper for 60 minute(s) (have an hour to discuss it on forums)

I admid Pepper should not have been rude, but a warning should come before an hour ban.

Sneaky kicked Pepper for pointing out that he banned for RDM, when the "RDMer" was a traitor who killed 5 or 6 innos, and no other traitors.

This may have been a single mistake, but overall I think sneaky is an inneffective operator. I will look for other examples to support this, but I am really appalled about what just unfolded in the server a few minute before this thread was made.

Koranith/Mr. Turtle and Hammer: process of elimination is legit.
DEAD ByteTheBullet: killed
DEAD (Operator) Sneaky Fox (Sky Heart): you fucking do that again i'm banning you
DEAD ByteTheBullet: why did i die
DEAD chicken: dude you were T
DEAD Sgt. Pepper: process of elimination
DEAD chicken: we were all proven

Sneaky said that process of elimination being used to discover the traitor is RDM, and threatened to ban someone for using their brains to discover the traitor.

Koranith_Turtle

Back to top Go down

Sneaky Fox (sky heart) is a bad Operator. Empty Re: Sneaky Fox (sky heart) is a bad Operator.

Post  Sneaky Fox Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:28 am

First of all

I had to deal with banning a couple of people because of rdming

second
HE was rdming by using the excuse "process of elimination" which is STILL rdming

third
He constantly argued with me and showed nothing but disrespect

i got sick and tired of his bullshit so i gave him an hour to discuss it here.

With all the rdmers i just had to run into tonight, my patience is EXTREMELY short. Because I can't seem to be able to get through to you about the rules of the server.
Sneaky Fox
Sneaky Fox

Back to top Go down

Sneaky Fox (sky heart) is a bad Operator. Empty Re: Sneaky Fox (sky heart) is a bad Operator.

Post  Sneaky Fox Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:39 am

also i like how after i got done with the bans. There was little to no rdming the next few rounds.
Sneaky Fox
Sneaky Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Koranith Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:29 pm

Sneaky Fox wrote:also i like how after i got done with the bans. There was little to no rdming the next few rounds.

That's because you banned a traitor for killing 5 innocents. There we no RDMers before you banned him.

And you banned someone for pointing this out, and calling you stupid (I admit, calling you stupid should have earned him a kick, but not an hour ban)
Koranith
Koranith
Operator
Operator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sneaky Fox Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:50 am

the traitor i had banned for rdming was [GG] Kane. yes he was a traitor the round i banned him. But that doesn't excuse him for the rdm fest he inflicted the previous rounds. Did I ban a traitor? Yes. Did I ban him because of the kills he made during the round as traitor? Yes. Because i was also a traitor. I wasn't looking to keep him around because he also rdm'd ME. A FELLOW TRAITOR.

and it was only an hour ban. What's the big deal? He was being disrespectful and i knew he wouldn't shut up if i kicked him and he'd come running back to complain even more. So i banned him for an hour with a note telling him to take it up to the forums if he has such a problem with the rules.
Sneaky Fox
Sneaky Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sneaky Fox Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:53 am

Koranith wrote:There we no RDMers before you banned him.

are you kidding me? sorry i forgot to mention this part in my last post.

I don't think i would've been ripping my hair out over stress of the rdming that happened. I had reasons for banning the three or four people that were rdming.
Sneaky Fox
Sneaky Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Jennifer B Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:40 pm

If your patience is short, you shouldn't be an administrator or an operator.

We need people who won't lose their tempers, and won't use their tempers while moderating. I understand if you have to deal with a lot of RDM or you get RDMed yourself, but you need to realize that it's just a game, and it's only one round. There's more afterwards.

I'm sorry Sneaky, but you don't seem cut out for the job. Not until you drop this temper of yours, which displays by the post and by your posts proceeding it.

I hope you understand.

Jen

Jennifer B
Jennifer B
Admin
Admin

Location : Madrid, Spain or Berlin, Germany (moving hopefully soon)

Back to top Go down

Post  Col. Avalanche Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:18 pm

Please, Sneaky Fox, be more respectful, and maintain your anger.
Sneaky Fox wrote:and it was only an hour ban. What's the big deal?
Well, the big deal isn't within the length of time, but rather in the way that you have used your admin powers. You are no more than a player with the ability to take action when trouble occurs, do not forget that. Put yourself in the peoples' shoes and make your decisions from that.
Col. Avalanche
Col. Avalanche
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  The Broseidon Tue May 01, 2012 4:02 pm

Sneaky fox is a good man. I've been playing with him for almost year. He's new and he's fresh to this so he needs some training (this is where the managers need to step in). I know Fister has run plenty of servers and has more than enough experience to help any Admin or Op who is struggling with their powers.

As for the problem at hand, yes Sneaky's temper may have got the best of him, but the same thing happens to me as well. He was the only Op on at the moment and was dealing with RDM. Being the only one to deal with that late at night gets pretty stressful (I know, I've been there). Things got hectic and, essentially, broke down. Sneaky is to blame AS WELL AS higher staff not taking into consideration that new Ops/Admins need training. It's as much as his fault as it is mine or the managers.

This doesn't make him a bad op, just inexperienced. It takes time and patience in order for you to not be controlled by your emotions. Hell, I've been an admin for 9 months and I still struggle with it.

I propose Sneaky stay as Op/Admin (I don't know where he stands right now due to confusion with his app) and we implement a training system for incoming Ops and Admins (now would be the best time since it's the start of a new month). Fister, Avalanche, and Ludi should lead these 'sessions' seeing as they are the top authority in the community. I am also willing to help if asked.

As for this thread in it's entirety, it's a normal complaint. Everyone gets them. Me, Fister, Ava, Ludi, everyone. I'm not saying all of this just too stick up for Sneaky, but stop this incorrect persecution.
The Broseidon
The Broseidon

Back to top Go down

Post  Fister Wed May 02, 2012 12:09 am

Okay, I'm sorry it took me awhile to get in here and post on this.

I came on after sneaky said he needed some help, I then proceeded to ban 2 people for Rdmming. One as a detective.

There we no RDMers before you banned him.
Turtle, Love you, but that's Grade-A Bullshit.

I was there and witnessed it happen.

Although the process of elimination is a correct way to play, that's not what Pepper was doing. He was shooting people randomly and saying it was a process of elimination as a traitor.

Confusion happened and he thought he was RDMing.

I most likely forgot something so I'll look at this in a second and edit.

Fister
Manager
Manager

http://www.wowomg.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HeadcrabHunter Wed May 02, 2012 11:27 am

Sneaky, you are a nice, fun guy to play with, and I like you as an admin for the small time that I played with you as one, but you got to controll your temper. Other than that you are a deticated, honest player.

He is not a bad operator either, it was a misunderstanding.

HeadcrabHunter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  -Jesus Christ- Wed May 02, 2012 3:59 pm

Operators do have to EARN there title. Sneaky has earn his/hers.
Temper is a problem with some, but can also be controlled.
Unrusstle your jimmies bro.

Last edited by -Jesus Christ- on Wed May 02, 2012 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

-Jesus Christ-

Back to top Go down

Post  HeadcrabHunter Wed May 02, 2012 4:25 pm

-Jesus Christ- wrote:Sneaky has earn hers.
He's a guy.

HeadcrabHunter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  -Jesus Christ- Wed May 02, 2012 4:26 pm

HeadcrabHunter wrote:
-Jesus Christ- wrote:Sneaky has earn his/hers.
He's a guy.
Computer being stupid
Fixed

-Jesus Christ-

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down