Desolator's Gaming Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nobody suggests detective weapons, so..

+3
HeadcrabHunter
Jennifer B
Koranith
7 posters

Go down

Nobody suggests detective weapons, so.. Empty Nobody suggests detective weapons, so..

Post  Koranith Tue May 22, 2012 11:24 am

The Pacifier(detective): After shooting someone, that person is forced to drop their guns or otherwise lose access to his weapons for 3+ seconds. Does not remove magneto stick or holstered, and I am not sure about crowbar.

The Tracker(detective): Shoot someone with a Tracker, and it's the same as getting DNA on them. You will be informed of where they are, and when they die. It will also instantly ID the body, although it wont give you credits if he was a T or a D.

Mobility Boots(detective)(passive): All fall damage that is less than 40 will be negated, and damage above that will be reduced by 40. This does not change the damage to your victim when you goomba stomp.

Marios Boots(traitor)(passive): You gain +50 goomba stomp damage, no matter how high you jump from (so if it would have done 50 damage, it is an instakill). You take the same damage from falling normally, but you take none if you land on another player.

Prerecorded Call out(detective)(passive): If you are killed by someone in a way that allows you to scream (without being headshotted or knifed) then you will instantly call the killer out in chat, with (last words) by your text. However, traitors can see that you have this.

Pepper Spray(detective): When you shoot someone with this, they will lose sight, and get the same moving sights(so you cant blindly fire) that being on fire has.

The Detector(detective)(Get it, like detective... Hehe.): Place a prop on the ground which is purely visual, but you will gain a radar-like indicator above the detector whenever someone walks over it. Useful to put in front of the T room, along with some props to force them to walk over it. Jumping over it doesn't stop the effect, but walking around it does.

The Resupply(detective): Instantly drops ammo for all your weapons, enough clips to max your ammo if you were 0/0. Does not work for weapons without ammo, such as the AWP or the Knife. Available for Traitors and Detectives.
(this is mostly an emergency thing, like when you have no ammo, and you're pinned in the T tester room)

The Weaponizer(traitor): Gives you a random, fake weapon other than the one you have, and destroys the current one. If you have no current weapon, it doesn't destroy anything, but you get a weapon. Only gives primaries. Designed to be able to pretend you never had the killing weapon used to kill an innocent, or switching weapons during a close range fight when you've got a sniper. Only gives one full clip (like, 50/0 for the p90, or 35/0 for galil)

The Innocent Trap(traitor): A weapon that looks like a radio or a decoy. When an innocent attempts to destroy it, they are blown up for 70 damage, along with people around them.

The Rigger(traitor): Use on a dead body(or maybe a door, if that works) and anyone who searches it (or opens it) will be exploded with a large radius, medium damage explosion (maybe 40 or so). Main use would be after a killing spree, drop one or two among the bodies. Detectives, with their brilliance, will be able to see if a body is rigged by looking at it.

The Disabler(Traitor and Detective): Gun, about the same as a huge, but less ammo (maybe like 100). If you hit a traitor with this, his passive T weapons will stop functioning (Disguiser, Radar, Body Armor, Mario Boots if we add it, etc)

The diving suit(Traitor and Detective): Allows you to breath underwater, and when underwater, water distortion isn't there (how its harder to see people who are above water when underwater). Doesn't allow you to see things that are underwater, though.

The newton puller(traitor) Anyone you shoot with this will be launched towards you. Exact same as newton, except all pushing is reversed.

Bear Trap(traitor)An obvious trap on the ground, easily recognizable. Walking over it deals 60 damage. You can jump over it, but don't mess up! After being activated and snapping an innocent, a traitor can reset it, but doing so in front of innocents will get you killed. You can only buy it once.

The Tomahawk(traitor): Kind of like a throwing knife. Launches a fairly small prop out of you, fast enough to instantly kill anyone it hits. Perfect, if the innos are lining up. You can only buy it once, and it has one shot. Kills anyone in a line. (not sure about this one, tbh. Seems kinda OP.

Welp, I'm out of ideas. I was trying to get utility things, rather than flat out weapons.

EDEET: Outta ideas again, but I added plenty. I've seen the rigger on another server.

EDIT3: More IDEAS! Enjoy them.

Last edited by Koranith on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Koranith
Koranith
Operator
Operator

Back to top Go down

Nobody suggests detective weapons, so.. Empty Re: Nobody suggests detective weapons, so..

Post  Jennifer B Tue May 22, 2012 12:20 pm

No one suggests Detective Weapons?

Boy, you blind?

Pacifier is OP by the way.
Jennifer B
Jennifer B
Admin
Admin

Location : Madrid, Spain or Berlin, Germany (moving hopefully soon)

Back to top Go down

Nobody suggests detective weapons, so.. Empty Re: Nobody suggests detective weapons, so..

Post  HeadcrabHunter Tue May 22, 2012 12:25 pm

Jennifer B wrote:No one suggests Detective Weapons?

Boy, you blind?

It's the ultimate trolling weapon.
Imagine a detective just running around shooting everyone.
Oh joy, let the fun begin.

HeadcrabHunter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Koranith Tue May 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Pacifier only has 2 or 3 shots.
Koranith
Koranith
Operator
Operator

Back to top Go down

Post  Testicular Tue May 22, 2012 12:37 pm

Jennifer B wrote:No one suggests Detective Weapons?

Boy, you blind?

I don't think it's OP, just because it's SO inconvenient.
Testicular
Testicular

Back to top Go down

Post  Fister Tue May 22, 2012 12:39 pm

I like most of this.

I have ideas for tweaks, but I ain't feeling it right now.

Fister
Manager
Manager

http://www.wowomg.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HeadcrabHunter Tue May 22, 2012 5:40 pm

GOD DAMMIT FISTER!
ABOOOSE!

HeadcrabHunter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mr wasigy Wed May 23, 2012 1:26 am

i think the Prerecorded Call out would be OP because how do you kill a detective without being called out?
maybe it could say NAME is acting suspicious instead of saying their name as a traitor.

mr wasigy

Back to top Go down

Post  CharrLegion Wed May 23, 2012 1:30 am

mr wasigy wrote:i think the Prerecorded Call out would be OP because how do you kill a detective without being called out?
maybe it could say NAME is acting suspicious instead of saying their name as a traitor.
As he said, if they died in a manner that they cant scream IE Headshotted or Knifed, then the callout wont happen.
CharrLegion
CharrLegion

Back to top Go down

Post  Koranith Wed May 23, 2012 1:53 pm

Still adding more of these as I think of them.
Koranith
Koranith
Operator
Operator

Back to top Go down

Post  CharrLegion Wed May 23, 2012 4:31 pm

Koranith wrote:Still adding more of these as I think of them.
Yeah sounds good. You had some really cool ones.

The Rigger we've already discussed and it seemed like it's just not gonna happen.
The Weaponiser is cool but a little overpowered, I think it should not destroy your primary weapon and that instead of randomly giving you a fake gun you get to choose which gun it gives you. This would work really well if people are gunning down a traitor and he dies by a specific weapon, you can swap to the fake gun and say you finished him off. But losing your actual primary weapon would be a counterproductive I think the fake weapon should occupy the #8 slot.
CharrLegion
CharrLegion

Back to top Go down

Post  Fister Thu May 24, 2012 3:06 am

CharrLegion wrote:
Koranith wrote:Still adding more of these as I think of them.
Yeah sounds good. You had some really cool ones.

The Rigger we've already discussed and it seemed like it's just not gonna happen.
The Weaponiser is cool but a little overpowered, I think it should not destroy your primary weapon and that instead of randomly giving you a fake gun you get to choose which gun it gives you. This would work really well if people are gunning down a traitor and he dies by a specific weapon, you can swap to the fake gun and say you finished him off. But losing your actual primary weapon would be a counterproductive I think the fake weapon should occupy the #8 slot.

Actually I like his thingy there.

Detectives can see if it's rigged.

Maybe lower the damage it does and possibly make it to where anyone with a DNA scanner can see it(If you pick it up from the detective[To lessen it's OPness{lol O-Penis<runnning out of brackets>}])

Does the fake gun fire bullets?

Cause if it doesn't, detective can say.

Oh, you killed him?
Fire that gun.

Fister
Manager
Manager

http://www.wowomg.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HeadcrabHunter Thu May 24, 2012 8:50 am

The Defibrillator:

This would be a detective gadget in the 8th weapon slot of a detective, and it would be re purchasable up to 3 times per round, and it would not be alike the visualizer because only detectives can pick it up or have one in their inventory.

The defibrillator would be a gadget that allowed you to revive dead players, either it be innocent, detective, or traitor. You would purchase it for a single credit in the equipment menu, and you would be able to buy it 3 times before it went out of stock. each defibrillator would have one single shot, so one revive, and it would only work on corpse that have died less than 1 minute ago.

HeadcrabHunter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Koranith Thu May 24, 2012 10:44 am

No, the weaponizer has to occupy the 3 slot, and get rid of your current three. Why? The detective can say "here, pick up my teleporter you Traitorous bastard."

And then we're boned.

So its just a way to kill someone and get away with it, or get a free weapon in an emergency (who knows, you could get a p90 and it'll top a TMP anyday)
Koranith
Koranith
Operator
Operator

Back to top Go down

Post  CharrLegion Thu May 24, 2012 4:03 pm

Koranith wrote:No, the weaponizer has to occupy the 3 slot, and get rid of your current three. Why? The detective can say "here, pick up my teleporter you Traitorous bastard."

And then we're boned.

So its just a way to kill someone and get away with it, or get a free weapon in an emergency (who knows, you could get a p90 and it'll top a TMP anyday)
Detectives can do that already and nobody actually does.

HeadcrabHunter wrote:The Defibrillator:

This would be a detective gadget in the 8th weapon slot of a detective, and it would be re purchasable up to 3 times per round, and it would not be alike the visualizer because only detectives can pick it up or have one in their inventory.

The defibrillator would be a gadget that allowed you to revive dead players, either it be innocent, detective, or traitor. You would purchase it for a single credit in the equipment menu, and you would be able to buy it 3 times before it went out of stock. each defibrillator would have one single shot, so one revive, and it would only work on corpse that have died less than 1 minute ago.

I think it should have 1 revival not 3. I think this would be nicely balanced along with the Flare Gun; unfortunately the coding for it would be insane.
CharrLegion
CharrLegion

Back to top Go down

Post  HeadcrabHunter Thu May 24, 2012 4:39 pm

CharrLegion wrote:I think it should have 1 revival not 3. I think this would be nicely balanced along with the Flare Gun; unfortunately the coding for it would be insane.
It would not have 3 shots, it would have 1, but you would be able to buy it 3 times before it went out of stock.
And now that you mentioned it, it would indeed help the importance of destroying or hiding bodies.

HeadcrabHunter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Koranith Mon May 28, 2012 9:28 pm

Even more ideas.
Koranith
Koranith
Operator
Operator

Back to top Go down

Post  Koranith Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:25 am

Its about time ludi, start looking at this shit again.
Koranith
Koranith
Operator
Operator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum