Desolator's Gaming Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banned for RDM x 2, Only "RDM'd" Once

2 posters

Go down

Banned for RDM x 2, Only "RDM'd" Once Empty Banned for RDM x 2, Only "RDM'd" Once

Post  TehFr33Man Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:35 pm

I got banned for RDMming, and I only killed someone once, because they had low health and were walking towards me, a lone innocent, with a shotgun. Banned by the victim, Col. Avalanche. In the same round, I injured an innocent who threw a grenade into a group of innocents (about 4-5). Also, I attempted to clarify the reason why I killed Avalanche after I died, and he never responded.

And last but not least, Avalanche was posting racist comments in the chat in earlier rounds, i.e. "Black people aren't people."

Edit: Witnesses are HyperFlame and BeSarpSeeFlat, and Jemmek, I think Moaf may have been on, and HeadcrabHunter.

And SurAH and Col. Avalanche have been way to strict on players for the slightest things.

After Surah claimed the server was "her server". and I responded, "But Desolator's the server owner." she immediately responded with "No, but I'm the Super Admin (implying she's the only super admin), and if you have a problem with that, then get out!" and later threatening to ban me for disrespecting the admins.
Th reason I say this is because SurAH and Avalanche were the ones who "debated" (by which I mean had a one sided debate with me whether I was RDMming) whether to ban me or not.

TehFr33Man

Back to top Go down

Banned for RDM x 2, Only "RDM'd" Once Empty Re: Banned for RDM x 2, Only "RDM'd" Once

Post  Col. Avalanche Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:28 am

Okay, a few things to point out here.

1) First of all, I waited for the end of the round, and looked through the logs, as I do every game. I noticed that you killed 2 people. I gave you a day ban for the 2 RDMs, as both people were innocent.

2) I was not posting these racist comments that you claimed me to have said. The conversation in the chat was about sarcastically taking groups of people, based on some kind of physical difference, and saying that they were not human. For example, someone said "Fat people aren't human." I sarcastically asked the following: "Are black people human?" There was no racism intended through the question, and it was asked rhetorically, and sarcastically.

3) I never noticed you attempting to clarify yourself. That's why I tell everyone to use "@<text>" to report stuff like that. When you have 10 dead players spamming the chat with all the things that are happening, it's hard to keep up. I was dealing with another player, who RDMed 3 players that same round.

4) I never "debated" banning you. I looked through the logs, saw that you had 2 consecutive [innocent] kills, and took it upon myself to give you the proper punishment; being a 1440 minute (one day) ban.

5) I do not take myself above the guest players, and nor do I make it sound like so. If SurRAH was saying such things, I was not part of it, therefore, there is no need to include it in your appeal. I understand the Operator position very clearly, and follow it to the finest condition. I see the Admins as players who have special abilities to manipulate the player-base in case of unwanted action, and nothing more than that. I do not value myself over you, nor do I display anything close to what you're stating.

6) I am not harsh on players, either. When I see a player pull off more than one kill of another innocent player, I take action. I rarely react to instances where only 1 innocent person is killed by another innocent, unless there is debate behind it, or the victim wants the agressor to be punished. When I see that a player has killed more than 2 other innocent players, I administer the basic procedure.

You have been warned numerous times today, and slayed numerous times, as well. You have killed many innocent players over the course of the whole day, and were banned when you killed 2 in a single round, when you were innocent.
Col. Avalanche
Col. Avalanche
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Banned for RDM x 2, Only "RDM'd" Once Empty Re: Banned for RDM x 2, Only "RDM'd" Once

Post  Col. Avalanche Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:48 am

I feel like this has been mainly my fault, as there was a major lack of communication between Fr33man and I. I was just very busy dealing with another player, who had RDMed 3 players. As well, I quickly took the factor that Fr33man had been warned, and slayed several times today into account, therefore I acted on issuing the day ban.

I feel that if I would've been able to see his explanation before the ban, I would've been able to let him go with another slay. He is a rather dedicated player, and has been on-line for a long time today. If any other admins could, unban him, as this was my fault.
Col. Avalanche
Col. Avalanche
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down