Desolator's Gaming Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Report: Green-Eyed Ood

5 posters

Go down

Report: Green-Eyed Ood Empty Report: Green-Eyed Ood

Post  CharrLegion Wed May 02, 2012 7:18 pm

Player's Steam Name: Green-Eyed Ood
Player's Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:38410167
What happened? Green-Eyed Ood threw incens into groups of people on 67th way, he "gave warnings" to us but that doesn't warrant it regardless. Awesome face killed him for doing it. He Ood then told awesome he was going to slay him, to which I quoted the rules that you cannot throw an incen into people. He ignored me and slayed Awesome Face as a revenge slay.
Who else was a witness to this? Awesome Face
When did this happen? 2PM PST or so
Additional Proof?
PLEASE VIEW ALL 7 BEFORE COMMENTING
http://steamcommunity.com/id/rymos/screenshot/578955190046034736?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/rymos/screenshot/578955190046029816/?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/rymos/screenshot/578955190046037491/?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/rymos/screenshot/578955190046059712/?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/rymos/screenshot/578955190046065672/?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/rymos/screenshot/578955190046039398/?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/rymos/screenshot/578955190046063025/?tab=public
CharrLegion
CharrLegion

Back to top Go down

Report: Green-Eyed Ood Empty Re: Report: Green-Eyed Ood

Post  HeadcrabHunter Wed May 02, 2012 7:36 pm

Well, I didn't want to say it.
Green, you caused one giant problem by throwing a incendiary grenade into a crowd. Was there a reason for why you threw it? If so please tell us.

HeadcrabHunter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Koranith Wed May 02, 2012 7:49 pm

Lemme go buy a microscope...

EDIT: Oh there's a "view full size" thing. Whoops.

EDIT ONCE MORE: Now that I can see it.. On #2 it clearly says "green eyed ood has killed charrlegion"

I think that, my friends, is what we call RDM. I can't blow someones brains out with a deagle because I warn them first.

Last edited by Koranith on Wed May 02, 2012 7:53 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Now that I can read it, my thoughts.)
Koranith
Koranith
Operator
Operator

Back to top Go down

Post  Explosive Barrels Wed May 02, 2012 7:57 pm

It's rather simple really. And I know you've been after me for a while 'cause you either don't like me or don't like how I do my job.

I'll explain picture by picture, then "my side," if you'll call it that.

In the first picture, it clearly shows that I gave a warning before throwing it down, I waited a while before throwing it, and when I threw it, it wasn't towards a crowd of people, there was no one on my screen when I threw it.

The second picture, honestly, I am rather surprised. Because I didn't see his comment. Thinking of how I didn't see it, I remember either making a comment towards what Headcrab was saying about Bacon, or I was checking the Forums. I've been checking the Forums throughout the time I have been on the server, so it is very easy to miss a comment in the chat.

Yes, I slayed Awesome Face. I'm not going to lie.

This one is the same as the next picture, but the other one is highlighted.

Now, this all comes with time on the server. It was been said by Admins that you cannot kill someone if you walk into a fire made by a nade from another player that threw it. It obviously states that I did less than ten damage to him. And, once again, as Admins have said, you can only attack a person if they deal more than 15+ (or some where around that amount) damage to you.

That basically explains for all the pictures. And, quite frankly, I don't see this as anything terrible. However, I am happy that you express your concerns to us, but I would like it if you were to stop trying to find every fault in me. I am obviously not perfect, no one is.

Now, for me. A whole lotta people were in the room that is used to go into the Traitor Room. I left that room, and went towards the ladder that goes up and you have the break the wooden piece to get fully up. I looked back, saw no one, and tossed it for fun. While going towards the ladderish area and going forward to the part I was going to throw it, I clearly stated "Incen Nade, I'm going to be throwing an Incen Nade, look out, I am going to be throwing an Incen Nade, here it comes." After stating that, I waited even longer before throwing it to give anyone near it a chance to get out of the way. Now please remember, I saw no one on my screen. When I threw it, after giving the warning, and waiting after the warning, Awesome Face ignored it and walked into it right after it exploded and shot it's flames. Thus the damage to him, he then shot me with a Shotgun I believe, and killed me. Now if you look closely in the damgelog Charr has kindly supplied, you will see that I too killed him. The reason for that was because he was right next to it, ignoring my warning when it went off.

I don't really know what else to say, other than maybe it wasn't the best idea to do it, but I made sure I saw no one when I did it. So, yeah. If you want to know more about this matter, feel free to talk to me on Steam, or even add me. I am always willing to discuss issues someone has. Because I know that I'm right in matters like this, because I was the one that did it.
Explosive Barrels
Explosive Barrels
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  HeadcrabHunter Wed May 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Explosive Barrels wrote:you've been after me for a while.
Where has he been at you? Was it in game or do you two know each other from somewhere else?

Explosive Barrels wrote:I gave a warning before throwing it.
That's like giving a warning before you shoot someone. And it still inured and hurt people who might not have seen the warning, I recall you saying something similar.

Explosive Barrels wrote:When I threw it, it wasn't towards a crowd of people, there was no one on my screen when I threw it.
This is just common sense, we come to this map so much, and you would think that someone with the operator status would know that the basement is one of the most popular places people crowd to. And this is like throwing a discombobulator on Crummie Cradle, even if you did not aim towards anyone, you still could have hurt or killed someone.

Explosive Barrels wrote:Because I didn't see his comment.
Sound familiar?

Explosive Barrels wrote:Yes, I slayed Awesome Face. I'm not going to lie.
I like the honesty, but it had not seemed like you gathered much evidence other than the damage logs before you decided to slay him.

Explosive Barrels wrote:This all comes with time on the server.
The player you decided to slay, Awesome Face, he had just joined the server for the first time today.

Explosive Barrels wrote:It was been said by admins
Was Awesome Face on the server to hear them say this?

Explosive Barrels wrote:I did less than ten damage to him.
Awesome Face might have been attacking you on account of the damage you did to him, and the other players around him. And once again, he is new, and would not know the damage rules.

Explosive Barrels wrote:I don't see this as anything terrible.
It's not about the magnitude of the event, it's about how you carried out your actions, and to me they seem immature.

Explosive Barrels wrote:Stop trying to find every fault in me.
This is the first time to my knowledge someone has made a post against you.

Explosive Barrels wrote:Feel free to talk to me on Steam
I think it would be best if we discussed it here, on the forums.

HeadcrabHunter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fister Wed May 02, 2012 8:22 pm

"Now, this all comes with time on the server. It was been said by Admins that you cannot kill someone if you walk into a fire made by a nade from another player that threw it. It obviously states that I did less than ten damage to him. And, once again, as Admins have said, you can only attack a person if they deal more than 15+ (or some where around that amount) damage to you."

When have we said this, also Refer to the post avalanche made on rules of the server.

Actually I'll quote it for you:

"Before calling out, targeting, or killing another player, make sure that you have one of the following reasons:

1) You directly witnessed the player deal harm to another. This may include the player having shot another player, being the first to engage. As well, this may include the act of throwing incendiary grenades at individuals, or groups of other people. Killing players for holding Traitor weapons is reasonable, if you can prove that there were no Traitors that they could’ve obtained the weapons from. As well, if you witness a player plant a C4, stab someone with a knife, fire an AWP, or use any other kinds of Traitor features, you may kill them on sight.

Green. I have received A LOT of complaints from people on you.

"The reason for that was because he was right next to it, ignoring my warning when it went off."
You're contradicting yourself.

"it is very easy to miss a comment in the chat."

It is, isn't it?
The same way as it's hard to miss someone's voice chat over the mic in a hectic full server.

Green. Come on now.
I'm demoting you for an undisclosed period of time until I can discuss it with Avalanche, Desolator, and Ludicium.
I'd appreciate some input from you as well on this, Green.

Last edited by Fister on Wed May 02, 2012 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fister
Manager
Manager

http://www.wowomg.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Explosive Barrels Wed May 02, 2012 9:25 pm

HeadcrabHunter wrote:Where has he been at you? Was it in game or do you two know each other from somewhere else?

In-game and on forums.

HeadcrabHunter wrote:That's like giving a warning before you shoot someone. And it still inured and hurt people who might not have seen the warning, I recall you saying something similar.

Alright, I'm sorry.

HeadcrabHunter wrote:This is just common sense, we come to this map so much, and you would think that someone with the operator status would know that the basement is one of the most popular places people crowd to. And this is like throwing a discombobulator on Crummie Cradle, even if you did not aim towards anyone, you still could have hurt or killed someone.

My bad then.

HeadcrabHunter wrote:Sound familiar?

What should sound familiar? o.o

HeadcrabHunter wrote:I like the honesty, but it had not seemed like you gathered much evidence other than the damage logs before you decided to slay him.

Okay then.

HeadcrabHunter wrote:The player you decided to slay, Awesome Face, he had just joined the server for the first time today.

Didn't know that.

HeadcrabHunter wrote:Was Awesome Face on the server to hear them say this?

Obviously not.

HeadcrabHunter wrote:Awesome Face might have been attacking you on account of the damage you did to him, and the other players around him. And once again, he is new, and would not know the damage rules.

Yeah, alright.

HeadcrabHunter wrote:It's not about the magnitude of the event, it's about how you carried out your actions, and to me they seem immature.

I agree it wasn't the right thing to do.

HeadcrabHunter wrote:This is the first time to my knowledge someone has made a post against you.

To your knowledge, yes. To mine, no.

HeadcrabHunter wrote:I think it would be best if we discussed it here, on the forums.

Sure, thus my reply.

~~

Fister wrote:When have we said this

A while ago, I remember it was on cs_office with a few Admins.

Fister wrote:this may include the act of throwing incendiary grenades at individuals, or groups of other people.

As I stated before, I didn't throw it at anyone. However, it did hit people even though I warned them. I can understand why it would be my fault that they got hurt, because I threw it.

Fister wrote:Green. I have received A LOT of complaints from people on you.

Honestly, I'm not surprised. I am liked by few. I would have liked it if they were to tell me them selfs so that I can actually apply their complaints into my work.

Fister wrote:The same way as it's hard to miss someone's voice chat over the mic in a hectic full server.

Yes, that is true.

Fister wrote:Green. Come on now.
I'm demoting you for an undisclosed period of time until I can discuss it with Avalanche, Desolator, and Ludicium.

That saddens me, but if you must.

Fister wrote:'d appreciate some input from you as well on this, Green.

Well, all I can say is that I'm sorry for what I did. What I did was obviously wrong, I guess I just didn't care at the time, I am truly sorry. It was my fault, the whole thing. Charr is a good reporter on things, I only hope you can forgive me and give me a second chance. I have learned from my mistake(s), and I will try to improve. I hope to do a better job in the future, and to think things through and not be how I was before. I wasn't thinking it through, and I regret what I've done. I am willing to do better, and want to do better.
Explosive Barrels
Explosive Barrels
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Koranith Wed May 02, 2012 9:28 pm

Explosive Barrels wrote:
HeadcrabHunter wrote:Sound familiar?

"What should sound familiar? o.o"

What hes saying is, you said people miss things in chat/voice/"comments"

Like warnings about incendiary grenades, for example.

Koranith
Koranith
Operator
Operator

Back to top Go down

Post  HeadcrabHunter Wed May 02, 2012 9:48 pm

Well then, most of those answers seem poorly written and cocky, you don't seem to care much?
Green, we are not intentionally trying to pick on you or make you feel bad, we just want to know the whole story.

HeadcrabHunter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Koranith Wed May 02, 2012 9:50 pm

HeadcrabHunter wrote:Well then, most of those answers seem poorly written and cocky, you don't seem to care much?
Green, we are not intentionally trying to pick on you or make you feel bad, we just want to know the whole story.

We aren't? (I'm kidding)

Anyway, hes already been temp demoted, and Fister is trying to get the people with the super-cool titles to talk about it. Let's wait for the verdict.
Koranith
Koranith
Operator
Operator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fister Wed May 02, 2012 10:34 pm

Koranith wrote:
HeadcrabHunter wrote:Well then, most of those answers seem poorly written and cocky, you don't seem to care much?

We aren't? (I'm kidding)

Anyway, hes already been temp demoted, and Fister is trying to get the people with the super-cool titles to talk about it. Let's wait for the verdict.

What this guy with a weird spelling said.
(Twilight Sparkle is not spelled like "Fluttershy" Silly.

Fister
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  Explosive Barrels Wed May 02, 2012 11:55 pm

I just don't have much to say, you have heard the story and judgement has been made. Plus, it wasn't intended to sound cocky.
Explosive Barrels
Explosive Barrels
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  HeadcrabHunter Thu May 03, 2012 12:26 am

I do not think we should permanently demote him, I just think this was a small, immature mistake and wont happen again.
But we need to get it straight to you that the way in which you took out your actions was not mature, and had little thought put into them.

Last edited by HeadcrabHunter on Thu May 03, 2012 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I looked like a suck-up.)

HeadcrabHunter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Explosive Barrels Thu May 03, 2012 12:30 am

HeadcrabHunter wrote:I do not think we should permanently demote him, I just think this was a small, immature mistake and wont happen again.

I agree on all accounts.
Explosive Barrels
Explosive Barrels
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  HeadcrabHunter Thu May 03, 2012 11:15 am

Now, I understand the story, you just did something little to have a bit of fun, and it went awry. Awesome Face, who had killed you, was new and had not known the rules, so when he killed you, you had assumed he had rdm'ed because you did not intentionally hurt anyone, you decided to slay him for that, and so this post was made by Charr Legion because he did not know you side to the story.

---------------

I think you should still be on the operator team because you are usually honest and know what you are doing, but you should keep track of who is new, and who are the regulars of the server, that way something like this does not happen again, and maybe try and do a little more investigating when dealing with a case, even if you feel like you already know the whole story.
In all I think you should be allowed back on the team.

---------------

Fister, if you and Sergant Snowstorm could maybe look at this post and take it in to concideration when you make the final decision, I would appriciate it.

HeadcrabHunter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fister Thu May 03, 2012 11:33 am

K, locked until we talk.

Fister
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down