Desolator's Gaming Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ban Appeal

2 posters

Go down

Ban Appeal Empty Ban Appeal

Post  QuarkNuggets Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:27 pm

Name: Quark Nuggets

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:39254370

Reason I was banned: Triple RDM (of course, "RDM" is an arbitrary term here)

Person who banned me: Col. Avalanche

Reasons I feel I should be unbanned/forgiven:
(As I attempted to to before being banned, I'll walk through each killing with motives and means. NOTE: Numbers and varying letter cases in usernames may vary, along with the full name as I didn't commit them to memory.)

MAP: 67th way. ROLE: Detective.
1. Victim: KrazyKid. Victim Role: Innocent.
Description: After walking across the street, I observed a player (Krazy) walking around the back of 67th way's house. Fairly normal, so I at first made to continue on my way downstairs. However, after glancing at the chat I noted that another player was complaining about how Krazy had shot him some time earlier, and as such I resolved to follow the assailant. After rounding the corner towards the pool area, I saw that he was following my fellow detective, who was accordingly warning him to back off. Fearing the obvious, I kept trailing him until he, the detective and myself ended up at the streetwise right side of the house. The other detective then irritably told him to go away, and that's when it escalated. KrazyKid noticeably leveled his M16 at the detective's head (in what turned out to be an act of harmless traitor-baiting) and the player from earlier repeated that he had in fact been shot by Krazy. It only seemed logical to shoot.

Summary: I shot KrazyKid for traitor-baiting and RDM.

Segway: After shooting and killing KrazyKid, the detective he was following voiced his disapproval to my actions. Before he could finish, however, he was promptly killed via sniper rifle. After ID'ing the body I hurried to the ladder leading downstairs and checked my radar, noting only two signatures on the surface and in close proximity to each other.

2. Victim: Aztec. Victim Role: Traitor.
Description: After I made it down the ladder to safety, I checked my radar again to see the same two signatures. Then, behind me, Aztec and Yoshi came down the ladder. Ostensibly, they were the two signatures on my radar. I marked them each as suspect and continued on my way. A little while later, I was walking down the hallway to monitor Aztec as he sat in a room by himself doing something or another that was seemingly covert in nature, since he felt the need to close the door behind him. I was deliberating whether to bust the door down and catch him in some traitorous act when it opened for me, and out strode Aztec. I stepped to the side to let him pass, but at the same time dodged an M16 shot that cut through my previous position. A single shot, and likely misfire, but along with prior suspicions and my nervous state of mind at the time I deemed his death justified. Turns out he was a traitor.

Summary: I killed Aztec for being one of the only two people present at a killer's position, and for shooting at me.

Segway: As I looked back, I recalled that even after Aztec and Yoshi came down the ladder together, which was in itself highly suspect, the pair stuck close to each other underground. (Of course, this was just Yoshi keeping an eye on a suspect much as I had, but there was no way to know it at the time.)

3. Victim: Yoshi. Victim Role: Innocent.
Description: Yoshi and Aztec were present together for the shooting of a detective (although presumably far enough apart that the former did not notice the latter's killing) and for much of the game. Surely if Yoshi were innocent he would have been dead already? Well, regardless, I hold this killing the least justified and the only that should be truly recognized as RDM.

Summary: I killed Yoshi for his constant close proximity to a traitor, and for suspicious actions. As stated, I agree this kill was probably RDM.

Time on ban: Approximately 20 minutes ago as I begin this post; 8:40 PM US Eastern time

Additional Notes: In the brief time I've played on your TTT server, I've observed more people killed for lesser reasons than mine own. It's illogical, contradictory and mildly insane to bring down full punishment on me, as 2/3 of my killings were justified and the other not without reasons. Consider wisely, and consider rationally. I'm not going to pretend I won't miss the server if you decide not to listen, but I can move on. If you've made it this far in your reading, I thank you, regardless of the verdict.

EDIT: Yoshi's full username, as I see it in the list to the left now, is "DrunkYoshi". I can't speak for the others as they must have disconnected.

Last edited by QuarkNuggets on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Revised name of player in question)

QuarkNuggets

Back to top Go down

Ban Appeal Empty Re: Ban Appeal

Post  Col. Avalanche Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:53 pm

I was watching you, and from my point of view, the second innocent kill seemed like an RDM. After checking the logs, it seemed a lot like RDM, so I gave you a single day ban.

Here are the logs:

02:40.34 - DMG: Quark Nuggets [detective] damaged =TWD=™ KrazyKid [innocent] for 15 dmg
02:40.42 - DMG: Quark Nuggets [detective] damaged =TWD=™ KrazyKid [innocent] for 30 dmg
02:40.80 - DMG: Quark Nuggets [detective] damaged =TWD=™ KrazyKid [innocent] for 15 dmg
02:40.87 - DMG: Quark Nuggets [detective] damaged =TWD=™ KrazyKid [innocent] for 15 dmg
02:41.03 - DMG: Quark Nuggets [detective] damaged =TWD=™ KrazyKid [innocent] for 30 dmg
02:41.03 - KILL: Quark Nuggets [detective] killed =TWD=™ KrazyKid [innocent]
04:51.01 - DMG: Quark Nuggets [detective] damaged LastAztec [traitor] for 15 dmg
04:51.09 - DMG: Quark Nuggets [detective] damaged LastAztec [traitor] for 15 dmg
04:51.16 - DMG: Quark Nuggets [detective] damaged LastAztec [traitor] for 30 dmg
04:51.31 - DMG: Quark Nuggets [detective] damaged LastAztec [traitor] for 15 dmg
04:51.39 - DMG: Quark Nuggets [detective] damaged LastAztec [traitor] for 15 dmg
04:51.84 - DMG: Quark Nuggets [detective] damaged LastAztec [traitor] for 30 dmg
04:51.84 - KILL: Quark Nuggets [detective] killed LastAztec [traitor]
05:19.16 - DMG: Quark Nuggets [detective] damaged DrunkYoshi [innocent] for 15 dmg
05:19.24 - DMG: Quark Nuggets [detective] damaged DrunkYoshi [innocent] for 15 dmg
05:19.24 - KILL: Quark Nuggets [detective] killed DrunkYoshi [innocent]

After reading the reasoning, despite the first & last one seeming fishy (especially the last one), I'll take back my actions, and offer my apology. You have been unbanned by SurRAH.
Col. Avalanche
Col. Avalanche
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  QuarkNuggets Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:55 pm

Right. I know it's futile to challenge you, so I'll just thank you for not making it permanent.

QuarkNuggets

Back to top Go down

Post  Col. Avalanche Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:55 pm

I edited my post, and added more:

After reading the reasoning, despite the first & last one seeming fishy (especially the last one), I'll take back my actions, and offer my apology. You have been unbanned by SurRAH.
Col. Avalanche
Col. Avalanche
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down