Desolator's Gaming Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Specific Rules [NEW DISCUSSION!]

+8
Fister
Koranith
-Jesus Christ-
Col. Avalanche
[GME] CodZombiez
GenePName
Explosive Barrels
CharrLegion
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Specific Rules [NEW DISCUSSION!] - Page 2 Empty Re: Specific Rules [NEW DISCUSSION!]

Post  Fister Fri May 04, 2012 4:47 pm

CharrLegion wrote:
Fister wrote:
CharrLegion wrote:
HeadcrabHunter wrote:Well, it has happened to me recently, the detective who had done it had not even given a warning out, just shot anyone who used it without permission. I mean, the detective can give out orders that the innocent players must oblige by, so would this count as an order?
Exactly, the detective can force people into the T tester so he should also be able to apply rules to HIS health station.

Nope, he can't.

Simple as that Razz

Too much room for complaining there and favoritism.
So no.
Your point? Favoritism is going to happen one way or another. You guys intently comming at me with a knife every T round is an example of favoritism.

Do you deal with complaints/admins/mad players on a daily basis?
No?
That's great news, because that's the same answer I'm giving this.

Fister
Manager
Manager

http://www.wowomg.com

Back to top Go down

Specific Rules [NEW DISCUSSION!] - Page 2 Empty Re: Specific Rules [NEW DISCUSSION!]

Post  Fister Fri May 04, 2012 4:58 pm

Fister wrote:
CharrLegion wrote:
Fister wrote:
CharrLegion wrote:
HeadcrabHunter wrote:Well, it has happened to me recently, the detective who had done it had not even given a warning out, just shot anyone who used it without permission. I mean, the detective can give out orders that the innocent players must oblige by, so would this count as an order?
Exactly, the detective can force people into the T tester so he should also be able to apply rules to HIS health station.

Nope, he can't.

Simple as that Razz

Too much room for complaining there and favoritism.
So no.
Your point? Favoritism is going to happen one way or another. You guys intently comming at me with a knife every T round is an example of favoritism.

Do you deal with complaints/admins/mad players on a daily basis?
No?
That's great news, because that's the same answer I'm giving this.

ACTUALLY SCRATCH THAT, I'll do a 2 day trial starting today.
If I get complaints saying "RDMRDMRDMRDM BUN DIS GHEY GIY NUW!"

I'll get rid of this faster than god gets rid of Ethiopians.

Fister
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  The Broseidon Fri May 04, 2012 5:24 pm

No, nu uh, nope, nada, nein, nee, nyet, naw, không, aniyo, iie, non.

This idea is bad and you should feel bad. I dont know how many times I have seen Detetives RDM because they play the "favorites game" with there health stations.

Inno-"Hey thanks for the health station, Detective."
*Detective kills inno*
Detective-"I didn't say you could us it."
Detective banned by console : RDM.

Seen it too many times and seen to many players rage from this to even attempt to bring myself to support it.

I do not support this message.
The Broseidon
The Broseidon

Back to top Go down

Post  CharrLegion Fri May 04, 2012 5:25 pm

The Broseidon wrote:No, nu uh, nope, nada, nein, nee, nyet, naw, không, aniyo, iie, non.

This idea is bad and you should feel bad. I dont know how many times I have seen Detetives RDM because they play the "favorites game" with there health stations.

*Detective kills inno*

Seen it too many times and seen to many players rage from this to even attempt to bring myself to support it.

Problems with your post.
1: The Detective is required to tell all players they cannot use it and give a warning to get off it.
2: It wouldn't be RDM if the rule was in effect.
CharrLegion
CharrLegion

Back to top Go down

Post  HeadcrabHunter Fri May 04, 2012 5:27 pm

CharrLegion wrote:
The Broseidon wrote:No, nu uh, nope, nada, nein, nee, nyet, naw, không, aniyo, iie, non.

*Detective kills inno*

Problems with your post.
1: The Detective is required to tell all players they cannot use it and give a warning to get off it.
Even if it's not RDM, people still bitch at us about it.

HeadcrabHunter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CharrLegion Fri May 04, 2012 5:31 pm

HeadcrabHunter wrote:
CharrLegion wrote:

*Detective kills inno*

Problems with your post.
Even if it's not RDM, people still bitch at us about it.
Of course they do, because it's not a rule yet.
CharrLegion
CharrLegion

Back to top Go down

Post  Fister Fri May 04, 2012 5:33 pm

AND THEN MY POINT WAS PROVEN AND CHARR FELT SILLY.

THE END.

Fister
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  CharrLegion Fri May 04, 2012 5:42 pm

Fister wrote:AND THEN MY POINT WAS PROVEN AND CHARR FELT SILLY.

THE END.
How was you're point proven? If you kill someone who is using your health station now, it is currently against the rules. Of course someone is going to complain.
CharrLegion
CharrLegion

Back to top Go down

Post  Koranith Fri May 04, 2012 8:43 pm

On the "rules of RDM" thing by Sargeant Snowfall, I noticed a lack of what happens when you don't say "live" on a live check. What does happen? Insta KOS?
Koranith
Koranith
Operator
Operator

Back to top Go down

Post  HeadcrabHunter Fri May 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Koranith wrote:On the "rules of RDM" thing by Sargeant Snowfall, I noticed a lack of what happens when you don't say "live" on a live check. What does happen? Insta KOS?
That's what everyone else does.

HeadcrabHunter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HeadcrabHunter Wed May 16, 2012 12:44 pm

Hearing The Traitor Music Through Someone's Microphone: CONCLUDED
Now, yesterday there was a player who was spamming music through his mic, it might not have been pruposeful, but I heard the traitor music through his mic, and I called a KOS out on the player, we killed him, and he indeed was a traitor. Then he complained at me when I died because I supposivly RDM'ed him, and I should have been demoted.

I feel like you should be allowed to kill someone if you hear the traitor music through their mic because it is partially their fault for using their mic while it plays, but tell me what you think about this in the comments.

This rule could also be made into a post about indirectly or accedentally finding out someone is a traitor through unruley means, either it be music, or it be some dumbass calling people out in admin chat, so DISCUSS!

Concluding Post:
Spoiler:

Last edited by HeadcrabHunter on Wed May 16, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : We Concluded The Problem.)

HeadcrabHunter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gunman Wed May 16, 2012 12:56 pm

I think that if you hear tratior music you should not be able to kill the person because a few days ago I was in a game with new people and everyone heard the tratior music comming from a tratior's mic. All of us agreed that we shouldn't kill him, but we were going to watch him the whole round. I think that you can't kill him, but you should be allowed to follow him around.
gunman
gunman

Back to top Go down

Post  HeadcrabHunter Wed May 16, 2012 2:41 pm

gunman wrote:I think that if you hear tratior music you should not be able to kill the person because a few days ago I was in a game with new people and everyone heard the tratior music comming from a tratior's mic. All of us agreed that we shouldn't kill him, but we were going to watch him the whole round. I think that you can't kill him, but you should be allowed to follow him around.
Your round would suck if we did this, everyone knowing that you are the traitor, and having them follow you around the whole game, just waiting for you to fuck up.
Everyone would either follow said player in groups, or they would just avoid him/her, knowing that he/she will try to kill them.
It would not even be TTT anymore if we played like this.
I say we just kill them, and let them experience the consequence so they don't mess up again. It might suck, but at least you wouldn't have a hunting party follow you around for the whole round.

HeadcrabHunter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CharrLegion Wed May 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Yeah Headcrab I agree It's kIllable.
CharrLegion
CharrLegion

Back to top Go down

Post  Fister Wed May 16, 2012 4:14 pm

HeadcrabHunter wrote:
gunman wrote:I think that if you hear tratior music you should not be able to kill the person because a few days ago I was in a game with new people and everyone heard the tratior music comming from a tratior's mic. All of us agreed that we shouldn't kill him, but we were going to watch him the whole round. I think that you can't kill him, but you should be allowed to follow him around.
Your round would suck if we did this, everyone knowing that you are the traitor, and having them follow you around the whole game, just waiting for you to fuck up.
Everyone would either follow said player in groups, or they would just avoid him/her, knowing that he/she will try to kill them.
It would not even be TTT anymore if we played like this.
I say we just kill them, and let them experience the consequence so they don't mess up again. It might suck, but at least you wouldn't have a hunting party follow you around for the whole round.

It's kill-able.
Edit your post saying case is solved.

Fister
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  CharrLegion Thu May 17, 2012 3:54 pm

I'd like to discuss the rule on camping as a traitor. I've seen traitors camp a T room or otherwise for over 5+ minutes but as far as im aware we don't have a rule similar to other servers like "camping for 3 minutes in a T room is a slay next round" or "camping and not getting kills" blah blah blah. It's gotten very frustrating for example on Lost Temple when a traitor or the last traitor will just stand at the Spike Room button for over 4 minutes doing nothing. Then when the time reaches 20 seconds left of the round he'll run out guns a blazin and die with 0 kills or only a few kills at the last moment.

I'm not sayin' we need anything drastic just something to demote the camping of rooms.
CharrLegion
CharrLegion

Back to top Go down

Post  Fister Thu May 17, 2012 4:33 pm

CharrLegion wrote:I'd like to discuss the rule on camping as a traitor. I've seen traitors camp a T room or otherwise for over 5+ minutes but as far as im aware we don't have a rule similar to other servers like "camping for 3 minutes in a T room is a slay next round" or "camping and not getting kills" blah blah blah. It's gotten very frustrating for example on Lost Temple when a traitor or the last traitor will just stand at the Spike Room button for over 4 minutes doing nothing. Then when the time reaches 20 seconds left of the round he'll run out guns a blazin and die with 0 kills or only a few kills at the last moment.

I'm not sayin' we need anything drastic just something to demote the camping of rooms.

I agree, traitors CANNOT camp in the T room.

BUT, they can if for example it's over 2 minutes left in the round and there are at least 2 other traitors.

If only you and one other traitor are left you cannot sit in a T room for longer than 2 minutes.

If they camp warn them that they CAN and WILL be slain if they do not move from their camping position.

Thank you come again.
Most likely will edit this in some way as I always end up doing.
Also, appreciate this thread tons Charr, keep it up.

And you used the word 'demote' when you should have used 'deter' :3.
Specific Rules [NEW DISCUSSION!] - Page 2 Themoreyouknow

Last edited by Fister on Thu May 17, 2012 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : There's the edit...)

Fister
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  CharrLegion Thu May 17, 2012 10:10 pm

I figured it wasn't demote. Was in a rush y'see.
In any case fister we do need some solidity established there.

Camping X Minutes gets you slain. (Keep in mind I don't say camping in T room as it is easily possible to camp without a T room, especially if you "claim")

A common rule I've seen is camping for 3 minutes without a kill is a slain. Sometimes 2 minutes but that's a little harsh. I also think it shouldn't matter how many T buddies you have left, 3 minutes is just too long.
CharrLegion
CharrLegion

Back to top Go down

Post  Koranith Thu May 17, 2012 10:56 pm

I think that camping and T room camping should be a bit different. T room is definitely a 3 minute or less thing, facing a slay if you stay beyond 3 mins.

So you should be able to spend around 3 minutes in a T room, unless you're the last T, which should be a minute or less.

To me, 2 minutes in the T room should be the point where people outside tell the T to GTFO. At 3 minutes, slay them.

In an accessible area, not the T room, like a vent or something, it should be restricted to 1 or 2 minutes, because you aren't called out for going into it, and people don't camp outside unless you're called out.
Koranith
Koranith
Operator
Operator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fister Thu May 17, 2012 11:03 pm

Koranith wrote:I think that camping and T room camping should be a bit different. T room is definitely a 3 minute or less thing, facing a slay if you stay beyond 3 mins.

So you should be able to spend around 3 minutes in a T room, unless you're the last T, which should be a minute or less.

To me, 2 minutes in the T room should be the point where people outside tell the T to GTFO. At 3 minutes, slay them.

In an accessible area, not the T room, like a vent or something, it should be restricted to 1 or 2 minutes, because you aren't called out for going into it, and people don't camp outside unless you're called out.

I thought this was about like, traitor room Traitor camping.
That's what my post was on.

If they camp in an open area, and they are the last T.
1 1/2 Minutes.

More than one T, let it be.

Fister
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  HeadcrabHunter Thu May 17, 2012 11:14 pm

Okay, here's my input on the whole situation:
You should only be declared camping if you are not getting any kills in the said location, and it should only be declared camping if you are in a position in which nobody can reach you, like a traitor room or a map exploit.

HeadcrabHunter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CharrLegion Fri May 18, 2012 12:33 am

Koranith's post also reminds me, should mid-round slaying be allowed in a situation if the T camps for excessive amounts of time, 5 min+?
CharrLegion
CharrLegion

Back to top Go down

Post  HeadcrabHunter Fri May 18, 2012 11:20 am

Disbobeying or disrespecting staff members: IN PROGRESS

Okay, I know it says in the !motd that you cannot act like this already, but this post is more about what to use as a reference to label the severity of how the player acted, and then how you should carry out punsihment. I have had multiple players disobey, and disresspect me before, so I think it would be helpful if we made guidelines so we know how to punish them.

I am thinking we could use the order in which they are disagreeing with, or how they talk to you as a variable to punish the player.
The orders that you can give out to players are limited, but it depends on the reason you are giving out the order as well, like how bad was the crime? For instance, they have a bad spray, how bad is the spray that the player has? You would then decide from there on your punishment for not changing the spray based on the context of it.
That would go along with how they are speaking or treating you too, you would have to be honest and think of anything you might have done to anger them, or think about how you have been reacting to their behavior before deciding on your punishment.

I also think it would be important that we try to get the least amount of people involved when dealing with a problem, because as much as I love you guys, when someone feels outnumbered, they get more rash and hard to deal with, which then leads us to more problems we have to discuss.

HeadcrabHunter
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Koranith Fri May 18, 2012 1:04 pm

HeadcrabHunter wrote:Disbobeying or disrespecting staff members: IN PROGRESS

Okay, I know it says in the !motd that you cannot act like this already, but this post is more about what to use as a reference to label the severity of how the player acted, and then how you should carry out punsihment. I have had multiple players disobey, and disresspect me before, so I think it would be helpful if we made guidelines so we know how to punish them.

I am thinking we could use the order in which they are disagreeing with, or how they talk to you as a variable to punish the player.
The orders that you can give out to players are limited, but it depends on the reason you are giving out the order as well, like how bad was the crime? For instance, they have a bad spray, how bad is the spray that the player has? You would then decide from there on your punishment for not changing the spray based on the context of it.
That would go along with how they are speaking or treating you too, you would have to be honest and think of anything you might have done to anger them, or think about how you have been reacting to their behavior before deciding on your punishment.

I also think it would be important that we try to get the least amount of people involved when dealing with a problem, because as much as I love you guys, when someone feels outnumbered, they get more rash and hard to deal with, which then leads us to more problems we have to discuss.

I admit, when I'm the only staff member on the server and theres 2-3+ rule breakers, I start to be a little bit harsher about punishments.

Also, staff members should be able to order someone to change something that offends them. For example, the thing you were talking about, the semi-nude human rainbow dash. You and I were offended by that, so we politely asked him (no names here) to change his spray to something that was less offensive. After a bit, he did so.

That should be about how most of these situations are taken, with punishment as a last resort.

EDIT: I didn't touch on disrespect. This is pretty obvious. Directly insulting a staff member should result in a warning (except between friends, like when I call fister a douche) and, if they continue, just kick them. No bans for disrespect, and its not a thing that a slay will fix.

EDIT2: I don't mean friends, I mean someone I can insult without him caring much. So yeah, fister. Because he has a mix of aspergers and autism.

Last edited by Koranith on Fri May 18, 2012 2:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Koranith
Koranith
Operator
Operator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fister Fri May 18, 2012 1:31 pm

Koranith wrote:
HeadcrabHunter wrote:Disbobeying or disrespecting staff members: IN PROGRESS

I admit, when I'm the only staff member on the server and theres 2-3+ rule breakers, I start to be a little bit harsher about punishments.

Also, staff members should be able to order someone to change something that offends them. For example, the thing you were talking about, the semi-nude human rainbow dash. You and I were offended by that, so we politely asked him (no names here) to change his spray to something that was less offensive. After a bit, he did so.

That should be about how most of these situations are taken, with punishment as a last resort.

EDIT: I didn't touch on disrespect. This is pretty obvious. Directly insulting a staff member should result in a warning (except between friends, like when I call fister a douche) and, if they continue, just kick them. No bans for disrespect, and its not a thing that a slay will fix.

We're friends?
What fucked up reality are you living in?

Fister
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next